Thursday 6 December 2007

Girls' night

Last night was the second night of Chanukah. Michael was working, so it was just us girls. Grandma found Naomi a lovely Chanukah book where you press a button and the candles light up - we took this to preschool today to share for storytime, and it was a big hit. But even better was the adorable little snow-globe I found months ago that I had been saving. Inside there's a stick-figure sort of smiling little girl figure with a handful of heart-flowers in her hand, and on the base it says Daughter, and around the back, "Daughters are made with love." She adores it, spent the rest of the evening shaking up the snow, saying, "Look at me inside!" A true treasure.

Special thanks today to Mary Lou Bourgeois, my massage therapist, for her donation. See her ad, use her services! If anyone else would like to make a donation in exchange for ad space, please e-mail me at: idftress@gmail.com.

And tonight is another type of girls' night out - I am very psyched. The Dalhousie University Student and Staff Art Show opens tonight at the Gallery, so I decided to make an occasion out of it. I wrote my last exam, I never get out after dark, never get an excuse to dress up, so I have a black sparkly dress (second-hand store find) to wear, and I might even sip my first cocktail since before I got pregnant with Naomi. My girlfriend and I are going out for dinner first, at a restaurant that does not serve the all-day breakfast special. This is really glam for me.

No comments: