Friday 21 December 2007

Birthday planning


Today is the last day that I will be the mother of a 3-year-old. Tomorrow is Naomi's fourth birthday, being celebrated by a big party. I am up to my eyeballs in tasks required to get this crazy house of ours ready for 12 small children and their parents. The house truly is in chaos, but perhaps somehow it will all come together in the end. Right now the kitchen table remains disguised by piles of mail, bills, and general junk, there is a ladder waiting for me to finish painting one wall in the living room, which for some reason we decided was absolutely necessary before we could have visitors in our living room (we have been meaning to paint and rearrange the furniture for about 2 years. We are world-class procrastinators in this house).

I have to admit it is very exciting. I am really a grinch when it comes to xmas, but this year I am almost getting into the spirit, and even enjoying it a bit. I went on a mad shopping spree for party supplies, birthday gifts (and it's daddy's birthday in 5 days too), xmas gifts, decorations, all I need to do now is put one more coat of paint on the wall, get a tree, decorate it, clean the kitchen table and put out food etc for the party, finish making the treat bags with Naomi, move the furniture, vacuum, tidy, go to the grocery store, and make sure Naomi and I have baths...sure, we can do all this by 11:00 am tomorrow...

No comments: