Tuesday 18 December 2007

Free parenting advice

Don't decide to spontaneously cut your child's hair with children's safety scissors. I was brushing Naomi's gloriously long, yogurt-encrusted hair today when I thought I'd just quickly trim a wee bit off the ends, and reached for the pair of blue-and-purple safety scissors with the rounded ends that happened to be sitting next to me on the end table. Big mistake. Although they are definitely sharp enough to cut hair, they don't cut evenly. After the first 'incision' this became obvious, and yet I stubbornly continued on, too lazy to get up and retrieve a pair of proper scissors from the kitchen. Naomi remained mercifully unaware (I don't think she noticed the fact that I was cutting her hair at all, that might have actually freaked her out, as I've only ever trimmed it twice in her nearly 4 years), and in the end, I don't think anyone will notice.

No comments: