Tuesday 1 January 2008

Party Cat


Here is Zoro, the Party Cat sporting one of Naomi's tiaras and posing for Naomi's new Little Tikes digital camera, on which Naomi has taken nearly 200 blurry photos primarily of the living room rug.

I spent New Year's as I spend many evenings, the only one awake past 10 pm (Michael, who is sick, was up later than usual), watching CSI reruns. Very thrilling. At midnight I wished Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakeredes, Anna Belknap, Hill Harper, hottie who used to play Rachel's boyfriend Tag on Friends, and my fave, Carmine, a Happy New Year before popping a couple of Advil Liquigels and toddling off to bed at the crack of 1 am. Before I became such a homebody I would no doubt have found myself dancing and drinking the night away at Reflections Cabaret, the gayest spot in town, where the drag queens may be more beautifully dressed than the women. I love gay clubs, less chance of dull straight men hitting on you, more chances to dance with sexy men who don't actually want anything from you.

But today Michael doesn't have to work, and he's feeling somewhat better even if his voice somewhat resembles Freddie Krueger's. It's family day. We are making crafts. Naomi got a dreamcatcher and book about Native traditions from her grandma, and so today we are set to make her a mask. I have also been making kooky stuffed dolls for a couple of days (3 completed, 2 more cut out) for Naomi and some of our friends' kids. They are awesome looking. Then I will continue playing the role of the perfect wholesome mom and wife by preparing a homemade meal of corn chowder with chipotle chilis and cheese and onion bread.

1 comment:

NH Yocal said...

First off, the cat is adorable. Secondly, I love it that you go to gay clubs. What a great idea! I have been wanting to see a live drag queen contest, seems like it would be hilarious.
Thirdly, corn chowder with chipotle chilis and cheese and onion bread? OMG, I am drooling so bad now.