Wednesday 9 January 2008

We Did It! Another hurdle out of the way

I'm so happy today, we met our goal of receiving 100 votes for our project at www.givemeaning.com, and we did it in less than 2 weeks! This means we will soon be eligible to receive contributions with their assistance, enabling us to give our donors tax receipts. This has been an all-consuming task for me, and for a while I really didn't think we'd get the votes - extra special thanks to Julia Drew Watt for spreading the word and starting the facebook group, and to Kate Venson, with her extensive networking abilities! And of course to everyone who voted! Spacibo bolshoi! We beat Hillary, Barack, Mitt Romney and the rest to the punch! For anyone keeping track, we are able to receive donations at this site, and it won't be long before our sisterlink is up and running and offering receipts. We aren't quite there yet, but I am growing more and more confident. And let me just say I am so impressed with givemeaning.com - I call their toll-free number with a few questions, only to learn that Tom, the head of the organization himself, had picked up the phone to answer my call. What's more, when I mentioned which project I was representing (there are thousands) he said, "oh yes, I remember this one." We had a very pleasant conversation, and afterwords I felt like I had just called Microsoft and spoken with Bill Gates.

I have approached several local organizations for their support of our work with Info-Nepal, and have been getting positive feedback from most quarters. Hopefully I will have some good news to report with sponsors starting next week.

What I dread most at this moment is letting Naomi know she is due for yet another injection on Monday. I intend to bribe her: I bought her a cute little mermaid doll, for my little girl who wants to be a mermaid when she grows up.

No comments: