Friday 18 January 2008

having a down day


Nepal is seeming far, far away, and back here in the real world I have to get up early tomorrow (have I mentioned that I am NOT a morning person?) so I can drive an hour in the cold to work. Although the homework for university still isn't massive, I have a stack of articles to read, and an obligation to report on malaria surveillance methods for Monday morning. There is laundry to do, dishes waiting, food growing scary science experiments in the fridge (I have a terrible phobia of bad food, so I make it worse by not dealing with it, so the mold progresses even more, adding to my phobia of cleaning it up...), and the kitchen table is once again being lost inch by square inch under junk mail and bills. Poor Naomi has been sick with a fever and respiratory infection (lucky for her, she was too ill to receive her 2 scheduled shots on Wednesday)for a few days, although she seems pretty much back to normal today. Michael is working late, so my only company is the voice on the speakerphone telling me, "Thank you for continuing to hold, your call is important to us..." -bet I eventually get disconnected, or told the business is closed until Monday. Oh, yup, prophetic indeed, it just cut me off, this very moment. Yes, I feel very blah today...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, your household sounds like mine! And can I just say that my fridge is growing some rather scary science experiments, too--and, that I have that same phobia and I tend to ignore it until I end up throwing it all away? I mean, I throw away the containers, too, just so I don't have to open them and see what's inside. ROFL

Joeprah said...

Typical for sure, laundry so sucks. Dishes...bah! The stuff in the fridge scares me too...I usually get rid of it right quick because I hate pushing weird gross things in the garbage disposal. LOL.