Thursday 22 November 2007

Thank God it's Thursday!

What a long week. The end of university term is taking its toll on me. One presentation down (and I didn't do such a great job, I'm really beating myself up about that one), one to go, 2 papers, an epidemiology exam, and worst of all: a biostatistics quiz and stats assignment. Statistics will be the death of me, I swear. I have learned more math since last April, and I'm still lost. I am doing this as both a personal challenge (I hate it when a part of my brain is underdeveloped, and thus feel the need to prove myself), but also as the means to get to the end= the goal of finally getting the career I want. I am currently studying community health and epidemiology, which I hope will lead me to the places I haven't manged to get to so far in life. Not just the physical places, but the satisfaction of life goal places. The process is often painful, I've shed some tears along the way already. Even though my daughter is nearly 4, the pregnancy hormones never seemed to quite wash out of my system, because I get emotional so easily now, and I never did before. I get frustrated, I feel my age as a 'mature student' (I was in university before some of the 'kids' in my classes were out of diapers). They make me feel old. But at least I don't need to use any of my scholarship funds on Clearasil.

And I'm feeling frustrated about Nepal - am having a hard time getting in touch with anyone there as I am trying to make some contacts before we go. If anyone out there knows any one connected to Pokhara University or any hospitals in that region, let me know!

No comments: